Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Let's All Feel Sorry for T.J. ...

As he hangs out in Monaco for the next week. Yes, he's lounging (probably not) in the South of France, looking out over the Mediterranean from his room's private pool. Too bad he forgot his swimsuit. Although with your own private pool, I doubt that much matters....

Yes, I'm very jealous, especially as I was invited to attend with him. Alas, I couldn't find a babysitter situation I was comfortable with, so I remain in dreary, damp, cold Brussels.

But he called me to say that as his plane touched down in Nice, he looked down the runway and saw Dan Snyders "Redskin One" private jet parked at the end of the runway. Maybe the two of them can get together and talk strategy.

I, on the other hand, had a Belgian utility worker ring the doorbell somewhere around 7 this morning. Yes, A.M.! Just letting me know that they were going to dig up our driveway (again, for the second time this year) to lay new pipes to come from the gas meter in the garage. So I get to stay home tomorrow to guard our garage.

And shall I mention that I was preparing a delicious BLT the other night, and got out the new head of iceberg lettuce that I had just gotten at the store. To my chagrin, each leaf I pulled off contained more and more bugs. Some alive, some dead. But hundreds of them. Thoroughly disgusting. If I had been at home, I would've marched it right back up to Giant and asked for a refund. But not here...

Did I mention that T.J. is on the French Riviera right now???

No comments: