Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Amelia

Details of the big day will follow, but I wanted to get some pictures out of the big 5-year-old (who declared to me last night that she wants to change her name from "Amelia" to "pain in the ass." She certainly is quite hung up on the phrase, much to my dismay.)







And this is in no way related to Amelia's birthday, but Jack has learned an amazing trick with his sippy cup that only he can perform. By blowing hard into it, he can make it spurt out water, much to the delight of him and other children.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amelia had a great day. She was spoiled with many presents, including an antique cradle from me, tennis raquet and balls from TJ, Littlest Pet Shops from Jack. She was, of course, disenchanted with all the clothes she received, but now she's thrilled with them. She's been reading all her new books and making lots of necklaces for everyone. She picked out a caterpillar birthday cake and basically just loved being a birthday girl ("Mom, can I ride a ride -- it IS my birthday." "Mom, can I get a lollipop -- it IS my birthday.")

Of course, not everything went as smoothly. She got a book called "Little Hoot" about an owlet who isn't allowed to go to bed. Amelia didn't quite get the irony and then stayed up until 10:30 that night.

But all in all, Amelia says that it's good to be 5!

No comments: