Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jack Bakes Bread

I was invited today to watch Jack make bread. It was quite a hoot, and the other kids seemed quite fascinated that I was there. Jack was very proud of showing off to me, but Amelia was very sad that I wasn't coming to her class today. She was sitting at a table at the bottom of the stairs from Jack's class (so she wouldn't miss me when I came back downstairs to leave), drawing pictures for me.

Every child in school loves to make the bread, and while it isn't the tastiest stuff out there, we always manage to choke some down, as the kids get to bring muffin-shaped bread home to share with the family, while they make a loaf for the class to eat at lunch.


Adding the oil.


Lots of (way-too-healthy) flour


Stir it up good.


Muffin-shaped bread to take home; the loaf will be for lunchtime.


Cover it up to let it rise.


No comments: