Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's Official: We Have the Sickest Kids in Belgium!

Saturday, April 19 .... After yet ANOTHER trip to the doctor yesterday, for Amelia, it's official. Even the doctor agrees that we are having terrible, terrible luck. So next year, he's putting them on a special get-well regimen. He's been a great doctor so far, so I'm hopeful that next winter will be much, much better.

(In synopsis, Amelia has fever, swollen glands, pressure behind the ears and vomiting. Luckily, I was FINALLY able to resolve the vomiting on my own, thanks to strawberry jello water. And today, the fever is gone and she's back to running around! Hooray.) And I told the doctor that Jack was still coughing and had snot tusks. So we're on another round of antibiotics. After the first dose, we put Jack to bed and he promptly coughed ALL NIGHT LONG. But this morning has seen a decrease in green goo, so perhaps he's on the mend, too.

Amelia is looking forward to going to a classmate's birthday party at Little Gym (like Gymboree). T.J. is in charge of the kids tomorrow (while I work at the consignment sale).

For those outside the midwest, I'm sure you've heard about the earthquake in Indiana/Illinois yesterday. Poor Susan called me right after it (since I was the only one she knew would be up) and was quite shaken by it (no pun intended). Luckily there was no damage in STL, just some jangled nerves.

Monday, April 21 ...
I had a nice time at the consignment sale. Most of my small items sold, and about half the big items did, too. So all in all, I probably came out even. Was able to shop early at the sale and picked up some cute clothes for the kids (including some Mini Boden at ridiculous prices!!). It's amazing, but even in spring, the Belgians just seem to switch from dark brown to light brown as their color of choice. I never believed I'd buy so many dark colors for the kids!

I also got the kids a cute plastic picnic table for just 8 euros. It'll be fun for outside, and Jack even used it today to eat in front of the TV.

Jack and I went swimming today, and I think he's going to be a great swimmer. He loves jumping in and has no hesitation about floating by himself, but he can't seem to remember to keep his mouth closed. Swimming was his reward for nicely going to the creche for an hour while I visited the gym for the first time in far too long.

I think spring is finally on the way. The leaves are popping out on the trees, weeks behind the daffodils which are long gone. The sun is out more, and it's not as bitterly cold in the morning. Hooray!!!

Now off to enjoy some peace and quiet. Jack was worn out by the swimming and has taken to his bed. Now, let's see, do I pursue my legal education with Judge Judy or my medical career with House? So many decisions....

No comments: