Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I wan't kidding ....

Amelia's illness last week developed into an ear infection at 4 this morning. The doctor had warned me that her ear had been swollen a little last Friday, but I had assumed we were in the clear. But the poor thing woke up screaming, and I gave her some Panotile in the affected ear -- or so I thought -- and some Paracetamol for the pain, and she managed to sleep for a little bit longer. We go hauling into the doctor AGAIN (I'm afraid he's going to think I have Munchausen's Syndrome!), and he confirmed that her left ear is seriously infected, and the right didn't look as bad but was inflamed.

I asked why Jack is STILL coughing, and I got not much of a helpful answer. We're going to try some Zyrtec, and see if that helps. Or maybe we're not, as I was reading some not-so-good reviews of Zyrtec -- for both kids and adults -- online. It doesn't bother him at all to cough, but it's driving me crazy....

******* Cute Jack Story ******
Jack and I went to pick up Amelia from school the other day. I had given Jack some Goldfish as a snack, which he ate, then brought a bowlful for Amelia. Amelia was noshing on them in the car, and Jack asked if he could have some. Amelia said no. Jack got a mad look on his face and said "I angry at you, Yah-Yah." Then a few minutes later, he tried again, to no avail. This time, he said, "I breathe fire on you, Yah-Yah." I couldn't help but laugh. It was so cute and so serious.

**************************

Money Drain, Part 2 and 3
Was so thankful to see the carnival leave town on Sunday. What a relief. But then on Monday, we saw big trucks lining up on the main street by our house, which meant only one thing: the carnival is coming to Stockel. And indeed this morning, they were well on their way to setting up. This one fills up the whole square and will have many more games and rides than the Ste. Alix one. And to add insult to injury, signs went up last night for another circus starting next week.
Needless to say, the kids are very, very excited.

Misc.
The weather has really been beautiful the past two day, so I think it's safe to say that spring is here. We're even having a little thundershower at the moment, which is quite uncommon!

There's really nothing else to report, seeing as though I've been posting more than usual, even if it is just illness-related. (Thankfully the kids have had their chicken pox vaccine, as there is a case of it at school right now. I don't believe they give that vaccine here...)

Off to watch a little TV before the kids wake up, and am making some chicken soup from the chicken man's chicken (the "sauce" from the chickens makes a yummy broth) for poor Amelia.

More to come soon!!

Love,
Julia

No comments: