Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Vacation Week

A big accomplishment at the creche today -- Jack used the potty for the first time! I'm not sure if I'm excited or saddened by the fact that I'm missing the whole potty training adventure. He's been sitting on it at home, but with no results. I think seeing the other children using the potty at school must be having a positive influence on him. He's also becoming quite the talker!

It's a holiday week at school this week, so Amelia is off (but Jack is still going to creche). Apparently, All Saints Day is a national holiday. We went to Technopolis yesterday (a huge hands-on museum for kids), and they had a great time. Below is a picture of Jack and I from the Spy section of Technopolis...



Unfortunately, when we made it home yesterday, I ended up coming down with an annoying 24-hour bug (fever, chills, aches). I had to call T.J. home (though not too early) and I quickly retreated to bed. Amelia was quite the mommy, and brought me a bunny to sleep with to make me feel better. And sure enough, by morning, I had a pounding headache, but I had mostly recovered. Jack had actually had the same bug last week, so I guess he passed it on to me.

Amelia insisted today on getting a "Tom and Jerry" puzzle at the market today. Unfortunately, it's a 500-piece puzzle. I tried to explain that 500 is a whole lot of pieces, but she insisted. I anticipate that we'll lose the vast majority of pieces by week's end...

No comments: