Friday, February 16, 2007

TJ and the Speedo

Well, it made you look at least.

We did buy TJ his European swimsuit, but I don't know how much use he'll get out of it. It is a refreshing change to see the guy be anxious about swimsuit season for a change...

The kids and I did make it to the pool last week for our first adventure. It was a really nice facility. We paid 20 euros for 10 passes (so, roughly $3 a visit for Amelia and I). They had tons of changing rooms for individuals, plus they had several large changing rooms for families -- big enough for me, the stroller and the kids to all fit comfortably inside.

I bucked the trend and put Jack's swim diaper on underneath his speedo. I just couldn't imagine what would happen if the warm water, uh, caused Jack to relax... So I was able to tuck the diaper underneath the swimsuit and you couldn't even tell he was wearing it. I felt much better about swimming, then.

Jack still wasn't allowed in the big pool, so we had to settle for the little pool, which was still very nice. There was a little slide, some fountains, and nice little poolside seats for the adults. They had a great time splashing around, and they didn't hesitate with the swim caps.



I'm sure we'll be visiting the pool often. It was a great diversion. I still don't understand what all the fuss is about speedos, but I guess we just have to go with the flow...

No comments: